Careers: Junior Web Developer
Our core values define our relationships and our technology to ensure we collectively enjoy every day.
Jr. Website Developer
(Wordpress, Drupal & CMSs)
At Notification we strive to bring interactivity to websites. We do this by providing easy to use plug and play tools that are focused on strengthening customer touch points and growing conversions. We offer Software as a Service because we believe the best solutions should be easy to manage, fully controllable, and usable with all sites.
Our reward and recognition program celebrates success at both a team and personal level, along with recognition of important events like your birthday. Either take your birthday off to celebrate with friends and family or choose to be rewarded with a gift voucher!
We're looking for a Junior Web Developer to join our CMS and e-Commerce team and to take part in the design, implementation and maintenance of our clients websites.
You'll ideally have a keen interest in content management systems or like to dabble in making things online.
- Take part in the design and implementation of new web-sites on WordPress and Drupal CMSs and custom PHP based solutions
- Take part in the maintenance of existing web-sites on Drupal 7, 8, WordPress, Joomla! and others.
- Take part in customisations (themes, modules, plugins, etc) for Drupal 8, Drupal 7 and Wordpress CMSs.
- Support technical solutions, maintenance and support services for existing websites.
- Investigate and adapt new technologies.
- Take part in providing documentation for the provided solutions.
- Adhere to accessibility standards, working with UX/Accessibility experts
- Work with the team to provide efficient frontend/backend object oriented code following best coding practices and design patterns.
- Test delivered code using test frameworks.
- Cross browser testing where needed.
- Experience in building websites using Wordpress.
- Experience in building custom Wordpress plugins themes.
- CSS preprocessors.
- Able to hand code standards compliant HTML5, CSS3 responsive websites which functions seamlessly in all browsers and various devices.
- Convert designs into functional layouts.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with both creative designers and web.
- Eager to explore and suggest new development techniques.
- Detail oriented with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of MySql.
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts and best practices.
- Linux and shell scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of business requirements.
- Proactiveness to provide solutions for potential future issues – effective communication internally and externally whenever needed
- Strong time management skills.
- Efficient communication with the members of the Development teams and other teams.